Poll

GM Speed VS. Super Haste? How do you prefer?

RETAIL WAY
CUSTOM WAY
NOS WAY

Offline lord_rex

• +0/-0
  • Chief Executive Copy-paster
    • L2NeverEnding
GM Speed VS. Super Haste
« on: March 25, 2017, 09:50:41 PM »
So guys. There is a situation here we have to discuss.

When I joined L2JUnity - the Super Haste Lv. 4 skill was not working at all because of an XML typo, so the //gmspeed 4 was kind of useless.
The reason was that the XML stats were still using the old L2JDP tables, but that was fixed, however GM Speed haven't become fast still.

When I asked around, guys told me on telegram chat that Super Haste Lv. 4 IS retail-like now, and it is supposed to be like that - use Level 3.
Well, I was kind of shocked, but I accepted that - despite I've been using the cont Super Haste Lv. 4 for 10+ years. New team, new habits, whatever.

After a while (and according to the request of ChaosPaladin) I decided to drop that half-assed retail-likness, and make a full retail-like solution for GM Speed.
I made it, though we changed many times just to make it FULL HELIOS retail-like, so now it provides great speed, and is full-full-full retail.
What it lacks actually is the "parameter limit", because we have 0 retail information on that.

To tell the truth, I didn't know that that minor change will follow that much nuisance for me... ~~

However... I had several complains that people might prefer the old version.

So the vote is basically about that we either do the old cont-based Super Haste (yes, with working Lv. 4 stats, fuck retail then.) OR we go FULL retail-like on that matter also.

So...

Vote option 1:
* Use full retail-like //gmspeed (and put a limit on that)
* Also we can implement //gmpower & //speed & //superhaste which will function the old custom way.

Vote option 2:
* Use full custom solution and revive the old and working Lv. 4 cont-based Super Haste with full custom stats.
* Drop retail-like //gmspeed

Vote option 3:
* We ask Nos to clean //gmspeed up, so then we won't have GM Speed at all.
* I put that option there according to the explicit request of St3eT.

Oracle Certified Associate - Java SE 8 Programmer

Offline St3eT

• +0/-1
  • ZmrdLife
Re: GM Speed VS. Super Haste
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 10:10:58 PM »
Hello my name is Tom and I like carrots.
"Postav nademě dvěstě pater,
A sleduj, jedu jak vejtah"

Offline Gladicek

• +9999/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 10:13:50 PM »

Hello Tom, thank you for your feedback. We will add carrots in next free revision.

Offline lord_rex

• +0/-0
    • L2NeverEnding
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 10:15:05 PM »
Dunno why, but because of some reason actually I am considering the "NOS WAY" ...

Offline St3eT

• +0/-1
  • ZmrdLife
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 10:15:54 PM »

Hello Tom, thank you for your feedback. We will add carrots in next free revision.

So carrots in mobius soon in your cinemas.
"Postav nademě dvěstě pater,
A sleduj, jedu jak vejtah"

Offline Son

• +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 10:16:18 PM »
Well imo, this isn't a real thingie to discuss about since its almost useless. Its like having 2 cars which run 400mph and 600mph respectively and decide which to get. (garbage) You should just stick with client's limitations since even GMs wont care if they have 1k speed or 600 since they'll already be fast. Having modified stats like patk pdef hp etc its for sure useless since its clearly a custom add on. Correct me if I'm wrong but the use of the GM Speed is just for running speed for observation so sticking with client's limitation will be the correct choice since everything will be looking good. (In my custom project GM Speed reaches like 2k Running Speed which is above clients limits and the outcome is just ridiculous, but this is a custom THAT ONLY ME like.

So id go with choice 1, if theres a need for custom add ons, there could be a template plugin which will give the listed superpower, superhp etc skills you listed and it could be another place for customers to put custom skills and goes on.

PS: Please remove the third choice, maturity is not something only old men like @Unafraid or @Sdw can get. Be smart.

Offline lord_rex

• +0/-0
    • L2NeverEnding
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 10:20:58 PM »
Son.

The 3rd option isn't a joke at all.

It is there for a small shred of this community who doesn't want GM Speed at all in the project.

Offline lord_rex

• +0/-0
    • L2NeverEnding
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 07:31:03 PM »
The poll is closed. Option 1 (retail way) won.